The 2023 CareerViewXR Production Grant
We are seeking amazing education and industry partnerships to build into the CareerViewXR library!
If you are a US organization that supports PK-12 students and have a great employer or industry partnership you want to showcase across the country, we want to hear from you.
CareerViewXR is seeking partnerships with school leaders help identify new career exploration video-based experiences that will enhance our growing library of field trip and job shadow content. Ideal applicants include schools, organizations, and educational programs who have solid partnerships with their area employers and wish to strengthen those ties through the creation of immersive career exploration field trips or job shadows. The experiences created will not only benefit your students, but will also help educate and inform our growing nationwide audience. In addition to creating experiences aligned with your employer partnerships, grant awardees will also receive access to all experiences on the CareerViewXR platform for one year, free of charge!
Awardees will receive:
- Up to Three (3) Awardees will receive:
- Up to two (2) CareerViewXR field trip or job shadow experiences will be produced in the winner’s region (Valued at up to $60k-80k*).
- One (1) 12-month CareerViewXR subscription for up to 5,000 students. (Valued at up to $30,000*)
- Two (2) virtual reality headsets. (Valued at up to $1,000*)
- Up to Seven (7) runners-up will receive:
- One (1) 12-month CareerViewXR subscription for up to 1,000 students. (Valued at up to $6,000*)
- One (1) virtual reality headset. (Valued at up to $500*)
*Grant awards are provided as an in-kind donation of products and services, not as a monetary award.
The 2023 CareerViewXR Production Grant application period has closed.
Interested in applying but missed the deadline? Stay tuned for details on the next grant in late 2024.
Estimated time to complete application is 60-90 minutes and should be completed by a school, education association, or other entity who works with PK-12 students. Applications must be submitted by January 19, 2024. For more information including application scoring criteria and applicant eligibility, see the program terms and conditions below.
CareerViewXR is an immersive career exploration platform that brings the job site to the classroom through 360-degree web-based tours and companion virtual reality videos. Students and adult job seekers alike can explore engaging field trips and job shadows highlighting in-demand industries like skilled trades, healthcare, energy, and more. Best of all – VR headsets are completely optional; the content is accessible on devices you already own – including laptops, cell phones, and tablets.
CareerviewXR helps students address the timeless question that has plagued youths for ages – “What are you going to do when you grow up?”. Over the course of a class period, learners can explore a variety of experiences that ultimately help them make more informed career decisions. Forget permission slips – with CareerViewXR, potential time, safety, and financial constraints of getting youths into a variety of unique work environments are bypassed entirely. Learn more about CareerViewXR and try example experiences here.
Terms, Conditions, and More
Applications will be scored based on the following:
- Eligibility of applicant as defined below.
- Viability of plan for implementing CareerViewXR with applicant’s student populations.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Demonstrated strength of employer partnerships.
- Production alignment with CareerViewXR needs. (supporting increased industry and demographic diversity)
- Authenticity, student-focus, and community support apparent in submitted materials.
- Applications must be submitted by January 19, 2024.
- Finalists will receive a notification by February 9, 2024, if they have been selected for an interview. (Interviews to take place between February 12, 2024 and March 8, 2024.)
- Awardees and runners-up will be selected and notified by March 15, 2024 with a public announcement on or before March 15, 2024.
- Lead applicant must be an entity that directly or indirectly serves Pre-K-12th grade students in the US in order to be eligible.
- Eligible entities include: public schools, charter schools, faith-based schools, educational co-ops, community groups, before/after school programs, state education departments, state CTE programs, technical colleges, community colleges, other Higher Ed, education services agencies, charter school networks/organizations, economic development agencies, career development and transition organizations, other educational organization/programs.
- Collaborative applications will also be accepted from any of the above groups.
- Employers and for-profit companies may partner with lead applicant, but are not eligible to apply directly.
- Eligibility questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- Individual submitting the application must be affiliated with the organization and has authority to submit this application on behalf of the organization.
- Awardees and runners-up must be willing to provide feedback to the Be More Colorful team about the CareerViewXR platform, be featured in a case study, and appear in social media content. Photos of learners using the platform will be requested.
- Priority will be given to Awardees’ identified production locations, but final selections may vary from application submission above based on alignment with the CareerViewXR content library (suggested experiences should be substantially different from current experiences in the library) and employer’s willingness to participate, and other environmental, safety, and logistics considerations. Final production location selection is at the sole discretion of Be More Colorful.
- Awardees will provide contact information for employers, secure letters of intent, assist with timely collection of production contracts, and work in good faith with Be More Colorful to collect any additional information needed in a timely manner. If the awardee is unable to fulfill all requirements within 45 days of notice of award, a new awardee will be selected.
- Production of experiences is expected to take place within 12 months of signed production contracts.
- The CareerViewXR Production Grant is not a monetary award. The grant covers an in-kind donation of products and services up to the amounts specified. Size of the in-kind awards are solely determined by CareerViewXR.
- Awardees receive 1 year access to web-based experiences produced and perpetual license for .mp4 video for VR headsets.
- All students enrolled at applicant institution(s) count toward CareerViewXR subscription limits.
- Access for additional students available at an additional fee.